Write for Us What is Technology
Write for Us What is Technology: We explain what technology is, its types, origin, history and other characteristics. In addition, its importance and various examples.
With technology, tools were invented to improve the quality of life.
What is Technology?
Technology is the set of scientific notions and knowledge that the human being uses to achieve a precise objective , which can be the solution of a specific problem of the individual or the satisfaction of some of his needs.
It is a broad concept that encompasses a wide variety of aspects and disciplines within electronics , art or medicine. For example: The creation of robots for the automation of repetitive tasks or animal cloning .
How to Submit Your Articles?
To Write for Us, you can e-mail us at email@example.com
Guidelines of the Article (Write for Us What is Technology)
- Please always use unique and not published anywhere.
- Your articles should be 700 and above words.
- Your article should not have grammatical errors. Check the plagiarism before submitting the article to us.
- Your article should be informative and interesting.
- Your link will be relevant to the content.
- Please don’t use copyright images owned by someone else.
- Your article should be well structured with subheadings, quotes, bullets and a featured image.
- Image with copyrights, size should 1200×800 pixels.
- Content should have subheadings and proper alignment.
Types of technologies
Technology can be classified in different ways depending on the characteristics that are taken into account.
Depending on the type of product :
- hard technologies. They use elements of the hard sciences such as engineering, mechanics, mathematics, physics , chemistry . The product obtained is visible and tangible, that is, it is the production of material goods. For example: the development of a mobile device.
- soft technologies. They are based on the humanistic or soft sciences, such as sociology, psychology , economics . In general, they are used to improve processes and achieve greater efficiency in institutions or companies . The product obtained is not visible or tangible, since it consists of the development of services , strategies , theories. For example: the development of a software .
According to American sociologist James David Thompson:
- Flexible technologies. They are used in different areas, that is, they have several uses. For example: the microchip used in phones and computers.
- Fixed technologies. They are used for the production of a certain product, or in a certain area. They are technologies designed and produced for a single purpose. For example: rat poison is used only for the elimination of said animal.
According to the level of innovation :
- Cutting-edge technologies. Also called “high technologies” or “latest technology”, they are more advanced technologies, available in a certain place and time.
- Appropriate technologies. They are technologies that are designed taking into account the environmental, social and economic impact on a given society .
Depending on your application:
- Operating technologies. They are obtained after a long period of study, observation and experience .
- team technologies. They are developed by the manufacturers of a certain product.
- Product technologies. They combine tools and knowledge to produce a certain product.
Origin and evolution of technology
The discovery of the use of fire was one of the first technological advances.
Instinctively, since the beginning of history , people have sought to develop technology ( techniques to improve their quality of life ). The discoveries that man has made over the years have shaped the world as it is known today, therefore, technology has existed since the beginning of the species, although it has not been called as such until the eighteenth century .
Formally speaking, technology has its origin when technique (initially empirical) began to be linked to science and in this way production methods are structured.
Throughout the different periods of humanity there have been discoveries that have modified the way in which the human being relates to himself and to the environment that surrounds him:
- Stone Age( Paleolithic , Mesolithic and Neolithic). It was characterized by the use of stone for the manufacture of utensils and the development of agriculture with rudimentary tools for managing the land. The finding of fire was one of the first technologies that brought noticeable benefits to human beings.
- Metal Age. It was characterized by the development of agriculture , animal domestication and the transition from nomadism to sedentary lifestyle. The smelting of copper , bronze and iron was developed. The Egyptian civilization is credited with the discovery of papyrus and pottery; the Romans developed a sophisticated agriculture, improved the technology of working with iron and developed civil and military engineering; Chinese civilization is credited with the discovery of paper, the iron plow, the compass, the propeller, the crossbow, and gunpowder .
- Middle Ages. The appearance of the modern printing press was one of the most important milestones within this period.
- Industrial Revolution. It was a period of social, economic, technological and cultural transformations characterized by the development of anurban and industrialize economy . One of the most prominent inventions of this time was the steam engine . During the 19th century, the telegraph, the light bulb, the telephone, and the automobile emerged.
- Twentieth century. There was a great technological development with discoveries such as the airplane, the radio, the television, the computer , as well as important advances in nuclear technologies, technology applied to medicine and space technology. Within this century there was the Information and Telecommunication Revolution or the Information Age (1985-2000).
- XXI century. Technological progress (also called scientific-technological revolution or intelligence revolution) evolve rapidly. Technology and communications transform the industry . New technologies are those that emerge after World War II . Its rapid growth and insertion in society brought important consequences.
Importance of technology
Technology has allow us to access larger territories in the world.
The discoveries and the appearance of new tools produced through technology were key to the development of humans and societies . Technology brings great discoveries that improve production, save time, increase quality of life , make life easier in society, shorten distances, get to know the planet .
Technology emerged as a need for man to meet individual and collective desires using scientific knowledge and techniques to solve problems and satisfy their needs. It has allow the human being to thoroughly understand the environment that surrounds him and modify it to achieve his goals; Through the centuries, man has invent and modified tools to improve his lifestyle.
Technology has brought with it discoveries in medicine, advances in access to information, in communication and transportation, in the simplification of tasks.
Technology Features (Write for Us What is Technology)
- It is present in all areas of personal life and in society, such as work, education , medicine, communication.
- It allows to manufacture new objects: through it, the human being modifies the environment that surrounds him.
- It is responsible for most of man’s discoveries.
- If it is well use it improves the quality of life of the human being, if it is misuse it can cause serious damage to individuals and society.
- It is subject to change(technological changes occur discontinuously).
- Its developments imply cultural, labor and social changes.
- Uneven technological development can create social and economic gaps within a community or between regions or nations .
examples of technologies (Write for Us What is Technology)
3D printers create three-dimensional objects by layering materials.
- robotics. It uses tools and knowledge from various disciplines (electronic engineering, electrical engineering, computer science ) for the design and manufacture of robots. These robots are expected to be able to perform automate tasks and jobs that are routine and tedious for humans or lower production costs in industries.
- They are a type of digital currency that uses distribute ledger technology (allows transactions to be record and synchronize between multiple users in different locations).
- 3d print. It is a type of additive printing that efficiently creates unique parts and complex geometries in a wide variety of materials. Through 3D printing, a three-dimensional object is created by superimposing layers of materials, and it is use in a large number of industries for different uses.
- Artificial intelligence. It involves the creation of machines that mimic the cognitive functions of human beings. This technology is use in various disciplines such as economics, medicine, transportation, video game software, system control, handwriting recognition, speech recognition, and pattern recognition in online assistants.
- Autonomous vehicles. The technology is being use to create driverless cars that are programe to mimic human driving and control capabilities. This type of vehicle perceives the environment through laser systems, radars, computerize vision. There are several programs that are testing this new technology to see if it can be use extensively.
- It is the discipline that uses technology to create products from biological systems and living organisms . Biotechnology has been responsible for the creation of vaccines and antibodies and is use in medicine, agriculture, industry and care for the environment .
Relationship between science and technology
Technology uses the knowledge of science to develop goods or services.
The concept of technology is often confuse with that of science. On the one hand, science is an order set of knowledge obtain through observation and experimentation .
On the contrary, technology takes the knowledge and techniques from the different sciences and uses them to develop tangible and intangible goods or services that contribute to human development .
While science allows us to know certain phenomena, technology deals with combining and modifying them efficiently to solve a problem or satisfy a need. Therefore, technology depends entirely on the existence of science. Scientific advances also imply new opportunities for technological development.
In recent decades, the concept of R+D+I (Research, Development and Innovation) has gain notoriety, combining scientific and technological study.
If You Write For Business Knowledge Today Tips You Get:
- So, If you write for us, your business targeted client can be a reader of our blog; you can have massive publicity.
- You can link back to your website in the article, which shares SEO value to your site.
- This will help in building a relationship with your targeted readers.
- We are also available on social media and will share your article on our social channels too.
- If you write for us, your brand and content will be visible globally.
To submit your article, you can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org